Saturday 15 February 2014

Textiles with the Year 3s and 4s


Year 3s are weaving their very own story using a cardboard loom and wool! This is one that I have been doing with the Year 3s for the last 3 years. I just think it is such a lovely processes and the kids feel really going about what they are creating.

Year 4s are creating FELTIES! This year I gave classes a choice between pillows and felties and they all chose felties (I should have seen this coming). On the bright side, I don't have to cut out 100s of 30cm by 30cm calico pieces. This week we are learning to stitch our felt pieces together. 

Before we voted, I warned the Year 4s that this was a challenging project and that I was a bit nervous about it, but they really have proven me wrong. Fingers crossed, sewing goes well! More pictures soon!


Colourful Cats




Unique felties for everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment