Friday 10 August 2012

Prep Collages

Preps were inspired by the book "Elmer the Patchwork Elephant"

Day 1: Our Magic Word for the week was collage. First Preps drew out a simple animal and then filled it in with cut up paper. I gave out scissors so they could cut the paper to fit a certain shape. Students worked really hard on placing the paper to fit in the shape.

Day 2: After students filled their animal with paper, students decorated their animal with small shapes. Preps LOVE shiny paper. I was pleasantly surprised how well students cut and pasted on their paper!!!






A boy had been working on his tentacles for a while and I asked him why it was taking so long to do his work. He replied happily "I didn't take off my glue lid so my paper didn't stick"... I took him a minute to glue on the orange pieces after he took off the lid. ADORABLE!
Careful Cutting and a belt
Add caption


Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment